What is your version of the Delaware Dream?
We all have dreams about the future — for ourselves, our families, and our communities. The dream of Delaware Libraries is to help our state become an even more vibrant and prosperous place where all dreams are realized.
Delaware Libraries and their partners facilitate transformational opportunities for you and others to explore your passions and maximize your unique talents and achieve your Delaware Dream. Delaware libraries support your interests with millions of books, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, Internet access, programs, workshops, community collaborations, and more! And with your computer or smart phone, you can access library services from wherever you are!
Let’s all put our expertise and ingenuity to work for our future! And let’s all have lots of fun while we’re at it!
Public Libraries & Public Health
The Delaware Journal of Public Health highlights the value of public libraries to the health and well-being of our communities in good times and in bad.
Public Libraries & Public Health, Delaware Journal of Public Health – Published on Sep 27, 2020
Presentations, Research, Publications, and more!
- The Power of Libraries– Video Premiere
- IMLS CARES Act State Library Spotlight: Deepening Partnerships in Delaware – April 29, 2021
- Lean Libraries Optimize Outcomes!
ARL Library Assessment Conference, October 2016
Abstract: Showcasing value is an ongoing challenge for libraries. For more than a decade, Delaware libraries have been learning to design strategy, processes, and assessment based on methodologies used by businesses to achieve performance excellence. Additionally, action research was conducted with a “focus on the customer” which supported development of tips, tools, and techniques that patrons can use to maximize their informal learning while also documenting the libraries’ contributions. Although primarily applied to Delaware public libraries, this approach has potential for showcasing value in all types of libraries. Adopting the “library business model” methodologies can help all libraries measure and maximize library value.
- PW Live from the Library Lounge: Covid-19 and Public Libraries: One Year Later– March 4, 2021
- Delaware Way Interview
- Let’s make Delaware the First State in Reading-Delaware State News
- Voiceover of powerpoint slides – youtube
- Publication PDF-Page 362
- Conference Proceedings-2016
- Dissertation – Wilmington University Library | PDF
- Abstract PDF
- Optimize library outcomes in your community, Delaware Division of Libraries – Link
Delaware Diamonds Book Cart Drill Team: